Summer Camp Program
Woodworking | Mrs. Sara Bridgman June 20-24 | Monday-Friday | 6th-9th | $320
Robotics | Mr. Matt Smith July 11-15 | Monday-Friday | 6th-8th | $320
Cooking | Mrs. Diana Blocker July 18-21 | Monday-Thursday | 6th-9th | $320
Flag Football | Coach Chase Martin & Coach Dave Brenner July 25-28 | Monday-Thursday | 5th-8th | $320
Date: Thu, May 26, 2022 at 11:25 AM
Hello 1st - 5th Grade Summer Camp Families -
I am so glad you have chosen to send your child(ren) to Camp Red Hill Lutheran!
We have planned a summer full to the brim with classes, experiences, inflatables, games, bubbles, Legos, crafts and more - all with your students in mind. And it is our sincere prayer that this goes down as a summer to remember - for all good and wonderful reasons. If you ever have questions or concerns or just want to check in with a suggestion, please feel free to reach out.
And now, whether you are signed up for week 1 or week 9 - or any or all the weeks in between, here are the Summer Essentials that everyone needs to know – be sure to read to the end:
- Weekly Newsletters - One week before your child's camp will begin, I will send out a newsletter giving you very important information – please be sure to read this every week. Please watch for that email each week and let me know if you have any questions - or it doesn't reach you.
- Gate Fobs - you are welcome to pick up a gate fob in the school office for a refundable $10 deposit paid by cash or check. These are required if you plan on picking up your child outside of our summer office hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm. They are also very handy if you want to use the side gate by the basketball court when dropping off and picking up anytime between 7:30am – 6pm.
- Check In/Out - A parent or guardian will need to sign their camper(s) in and out of camp every day. Only someone on your approved list will be able to check a camper out. If you have made arrangements with another parent to pick up your child, please call the office with that information prior to pick up time for last minute changes.
- Food - Please send a healthy morning snack and a lunch with your child each day. (Week 2 snacks will be provided.) You can also send an afternoon snack or add money to your FACTS account (RHLS Students) or send along cash so your camper can purchase a snack or ice cream at the Snack Shack in the afternoon during Free Choice Centers. Snack prices range from $.50 - $2.
- Pizza Thursdays – we will have cheese pizza for sale during lunch on Thursdays for $3 per slice which will include a fresh fruit or Fruit Snacks. This must be preordered by Wednesday morning each week. Please see the Newsletter for more information.
- Dress code and shoes – modest, comfortable clothing that is good for running and play is essential along with closed-toed shoes made for sports and games. Boots are not allowed along with flip flops or slip on sandals. Girls should bring one-piece swimsuits when water days are noted in the newsletter you will receive one week before each week’s camp. No short shorts or tank tops.
- Medication or special requests - please let me know if there are any food allergies, medications or any other special information that can help me with planning and to be aware of. Thank you.
- Groups - Our morning classes will use a rotation model. If your child has a buddy request please email me right away so we can use that information to match him or her with at least one of the request. Thank you to everyone who has done this already.
- Afternoon Skills Classes - Every week there will be a different set of Afternoon Skills Classes to choose from. These will be listed in the newsletter you receive. And the email will have a link that you will click and sign up.
- Free Choice Centers – After 3pm we will open up a variety of options for students to enjoy. One option that is new this year are our Razor 360 Trikes. We do have helmets that we will require students to wear when using these. The helmets will be cleaned between each use. You are also able to send along your child’s own helmet to use if you prefer.
- Summer Tutoring available – I have several teachers who are interested in tutoring students who might benefit from a little extra help over summer. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you more information on what the cost will be and how to set this up.
- Church/Home connection - We love to partner with Red Hill Lutheran Church in this ministry and want to invite you to check out our children's program Sunday mornings. Beth Stoffregen is our amazing Children's Director at the church and she is a resource for you and your family. Please feel free to reach out to her if you ever have questions about the Sunday School or other Youth and Family Ministry programs or events. Her email is: [email protected]
Thank you again for signing up for one or more weeks of summer camp. We are excited for all God has planned and can't wait to spend time with your camper!
Enrichment Program Director
Red Hill Lutheran School
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.