Hello 1st-5th Grade Summer Camp Families -
I am so glad you have chosen to send your child(ren) to Camp Red Hill Lutheran!
We have planned a summer full to the brim with classes, experiences, inflatables, games, bubble, Legos, crafts and more - all with your students in mind. And it is our sincere prayer that this goes down as a summer to remember - for all good and wonderful reasons. If you ever have questions or concerns or just want to check in with a suggestion, please feel free to reach out.
And now, whether you are signed up for week 1 or week 9 - or any or all the weeks in between, here is the Summer Essentials that everyone needs to know – be sure to read to the end:
- Weekly Newsletters - One week before your child's camp will begin, I will send out a newsletter giving you much of this information again as well as important information specific to that particular week. Please watch for that email each week and let me know if you have any questions - or it doesn't reach you.
- Check In/Out - Everyday a parent or guardian will need to sign their camper(s) in and out of camp. Only someone on your approved list will be able to check a camper out. If you have made arrangements with another parent to pick up your child, please call the office with that information prior to pick up time. You will need to confirm that your child does not have a fever, symptoms of any illness and has not been exposed to anyone with Covid 19.
- Gate Fobs - Full day camp families will need a fob to be able to enter the gate for drop off and pick up. Please go to the office between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm to turn in a $10 deposit and get one. Half day campers are dropped off and picked up during business hours and can enter campus through the office or the side gate at drop off and pick up.
- Food - Please send a healthy snack and lunch (full day campers only) with your child each day. (Week 2 snacks will be provided.) You can also send an afternoon snack or add money to your FACTS account so your camper can purchase a snack or ice cream at the Snack Shack in the afternoon during Open Choice Centers. (Non-Red Hill families see the next bullet!:)
- Snack Shack Money - If you are a Red Hill Lutheran student, please load funds on your FACTS account. For all other students we will load "Snack Cards" that will be used for each purchase. Please send cash in an envelope with your child's name on it to drop off at check in. $5-$10 should be plenty - these can carry over from week to week if you like.
- Groups - Our morning classes will use a rotation model. 4-6 groups of students will rotate to three or four classrooms each week. (Week 2's VBS will have 12 groups.) If your child has a buddy request please email me right away so we can use that information to help him or her have a fantastic week.
- Afternoon Skills Classes - Every week there will be a different set of Afternoon Skills Classes to choose from. These will be listed in the newsletter you receive. Please look for those and then let me know if your child has a preference to which class he or she will be in. They are described in more detail in our summer camp brochure.
- Church/Home connection - We love to partner with Red Hill Lutheran Church in this ministry and want to invite you to check out our children's program Sunday mornings. Beth Stoffregen is our amazing Children's Director at the church and she is a resource for you and your family. Please feel free to reach out to her if you ever have questions about the Sunday School or other Youth and Family Ministry programs or events. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again for signing up for one or more weeks of summer camp. We are excited for all God has planned and can't wait to spend time with your camper!
Enrichment Program Director
Red Hill Lutheran School
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.