Red Hill Lutheran Preschool provides a developmentally and academically appropriate curriculum for each child. Challenging activities are planned to support and encourage the young child's natural way of learning while fostering an understanding of basic concepts upon which future learning depends.We offer a child-centered, hands-on curriculum prepared and facilitated by our Christian, professionally-trained educators.
Our academic program includes Zoo Phonics, a phonics-based reading program in the Pre-Kindergarten classes, hands-on Mathematics activities, Language Arts, Music and Creative Movement for development of large and small motor skills. Through simple activities, stories, questions, and conversations, children learn that they can pray and praise God at any time and in any place. Each class focuses on one Bible story each week. Children participate in daily prayers at Circle Time, snacks, and lunch. Parents and school staff work together to nurture the faith of young children.
Creative art activities are planned for independent expression through many different mediums. Children explore art with the goal to emphasize its “process” rather than the end “product.” Weekly Music and Creative Movement are also included in our program.
The primary goal of the RHLS Preschool program is to make Preschool attendance a meaningful and happy experience in which children develop in all areas towards their highest potential - physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
Dedicated and committed Christian teachers provide children with numerous opportunities for growth and development by fostering a realistic and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ. Our goals include:
- Encouraging and developing a positive attitude towards the Christian family.
- Encouraging the child's appreciation and delight in God's world and the products of human culture.
- Integrating lessons with Biblical truths, which are related to the child’s experience and level of development.
- Encouraging the child in self-confidence.
- Helping children to observe, investigate, seek and acquire information and to think critically and analytically.
- Promoting health, physical growth, and motor coordination.
PHILOSOPHY OF CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- Assisting each child in learning to play cooperatively with other children and to relate with individuals and groups.
- We believe that teaching is a ministry with the objective to assist parents in the development of their children.
- We believe that the early childhood program can expand the child's perception of God, of other people, and of the physical world which God created.
- We believe that Christian education is unique and that its quality lies in the fact that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is part of the thought processes used to interpret, determine, and evaluate education. It can help develop the conscience, feelings, and attitudes which form the foundation for a positive self-image and good relationships.
- We believe that the spiritual or religious aspect of young children cannot be separated from their total growth process.
- We believe that each child is "special" in the eyes of God, and that the child has a right to be appreciated and respected for his/her individuality.
Our Preschool teachers are experienced early childhood educators. They are dedicated Christians who provide a warm and loving environment for each child. Each teacher has met the requirements set by the State of California. The Preschool is licensed by the State of California Department of Social Services. We are inspected on a drop-in basis annually by Child Care Licensing to verify adherence to all requirements. The teachers, Preschool Director(s), and Principal participate in regular planning meetings and attend regional conventions, workshops, and conferences to keep the staff alert to the ever-changing needs of today's families and current research in early childhood education.